*Note: I retried this mask after I did this video and it was still really painful. I probably won’t do it a third time because I’m just not built for the peel-off life, but I can confirm that this actually pulls out white and blackheads, as well as removes facial hair.
In my post about my 2017 goals, I briefly mentioned that I’d like to achieve clear skin this year. I decided to try a peel-off mask to get the process started by removing blackheads.
I randomly ended up finding Mamtha Nair’s Video tutorial for this mask on YouTube. In the video she mentions that the mask is painful, but she made it look so easy that I thought I could handle.
Y’all…I could not handle it. LOL
It was so painful I couldn’t even believe it. I’ve never really had my face waxed and this was my first ever peel off mask and I was completely unprepared. This mask also removes hair so please be super careful!
Even after every thing, I do think I’ll try this again because my skin felt super soft after!
Beauty is pain. Am I right?
If you would like to see my reaction to this face mask click here or the image to the left.
If you want to try this face mask, my ingredients and the correct directions are as follows:
- Unflavored gelatin – 1 Tablespoon; You can get gelatin from any grocery store.
- Hot milk – 2 Tablespoon; Must be HOT!
- Honey – 1/2 Tablespoon
- Almond oil – 2 drops; This is optional and in the original video she uses Tea Tree essential oil.
- Pour unflavored gelatin into hot milk and mix together thoroughly.
- Add in the honey and essential oil (oil is optional).
- Mix until you get a light, paste-like consistency.
- Apply with brush or other applicator (I used a spoon in my video and things got a little messy). AVOID YOUR HAIR! Also make sure to do a thin layer so it doesn’t take long to dry.
- Leave on face for about 10 minutes or till it dries and then SLOWLY begin to peel the mask off your face.
- Once done peeling, you can remove excess with a warm washcloth.
- Don’t forget to moisturize!
If you decide to try this mask, let me know how it went for you in the comments below!
Please like, share and subscribe to my YouTube channel.
I look forward to trying more painless skin care regimes and products so stay tuned!